Thursday, April 12, 2007

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Blame it on the weather, blame it on the circumstance or blame it on PMS - I don't know but today is a depressing January - no I mean April - day. Granted it is overcast, cold and rainy - a week running - so the weather is where I will place the blame.
Facing a uncertain future, I have made a list. Reality is that all of our futures are uncertain - hence the you could get hit by a bus speech - but my future is more so with the diagnosis of cancer. So I made a list and posted it on the back of my cupboard door.
A list of places to visit, things to do, books to read, people to call. A list of dreams. Now that I am feeling better and death is not at my door, what do I do about the list?
I am keeping it. And working on it. And crossing it off. It is not only my list of dreams but dreams to pass along to my children.
I am not ready to give them up or wait on them. It is time to live them.

No comments: