Friday, April 13, 2007

Living in Bold

Yesterday I was ready to blame everything -- weather, PMS, spring break - everything. Today I am still ready to blame the weather but am more able to face it.
I emailed friends online who are facing similiar situations and asked advice. Their reply was unanimous and interesting. Their reply was in essence "follow your passion." So I need to ask myself - what is my passion? What do I want to do and how do I want to do it?
Isn't that a question we all ask ourselves in our life?
I know what my passion is - beside my husband - but the question for me now is how to balance it. How do you balance passion with everyday life? How do you balance passion, everyday and cancer?
My online friends told me to work on my committee, travel, knit, read and follow my dreams. I was told - and now realize - I have been given a gift. Like a sleepwalker, I drifted through life putting out fires. First, fibromyalgia then autism, my mother and now cancer. Putting out fires. Now I have overcome two surgeries and more and I am just waking up. Now is the time to live the dream. This is truly a gift. An opportunity to live before it is to late.

No comments: