Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bless You Sunshine

I am convinced that my depression is from the lack of sunshine. As soon as the weather warmed and sun came out - my cobwebs blew away. My smile increased, spirits lifted and my troubles seemed smaller.
We accomplished so much today. Deleafed the flower beds, weeded the front flower bed, painted the swingset and washed the car. Of course, I watched from a chair supervising all the way. But we got so much done!
I was outside and walked a good part of the yard without a cane. Progress. I sat down, kneeled and stode up. Progress. I made it through the whole day and didn't nap. Progress.
So now I am sitting on the couch watching a funny family movie feeling that glow of accomplishment from watching my husband and children work hard.
Progress.

No comments: