Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Unexpected Visit

I received an unexpected visit today. To my surprise, a hero of mine left a message on my website. She isn't probably aware that she is a hero. She left her message out of encouragement. I will be forever grateful.
In my previous entry, I wrote about inspiration coming from unknown places. My inspiration to choose hope came from accidentally watching a Nick Newscast with Linda Ellerbee. I wrote the entry at 10:30 am today. At 5pm, I checked my email and surprise, there was a message from Linda Ellerbee! I was stunned.
Her comment/message is linked to the inspiration entry so you can see the full text.
Many people don't know that I have a minor in telecommunications. I volunteered for a time at my college radio and TV station. Linda Ellerbee was the face of female news reporters at the time. She was everything I wanted to be -- smart, quick, beautiful and take-charge. I wanted to be just like her.
"I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can." Linda Ellerbee
I couldn't have said it better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Linda Ellerbee's quote, "Choose hope, not fear. I choose hope." These words are beautiful because they are relevant to so many things in our wonderful world at any given moment in time. In this day and age, as in all the generations that have come before us, we have the choice to choose hope or fear. I believe we choose hope because hope is what moves the world forward. And all of us right along with it.