Monday, July 30, 2012

The Empty Bucket

I have mentioned it before but I face it again.  My creative bucket is nearing empty.  I find myself  craving alone time so I can fill my creative bucket.

The problem is simple.  It is summertime.  The children are home.  I have a great relationship with them.  I want to spend with them.  They want to spend with me.  So I am talking with one of them. or all of them, all the time.  There is never quiet, alone time.  Without alone time, my bucket never fills up.

Which wouldn't be a problem except for the promises I made to others and myself.  I promised to work on publishing my memoir.  I promised to start writing my new teen fiction novel.  I promised to write the curriculum for next years vacation bible school.  Where I will find the inspiration, I don't know.

The other side of the problem is this -- the added stress of the cancer and fibro pain and worry for children - scoops out any creativity in my bucket.  I do find time to meditate, blog or pray and little bits of creativity creep in and leak into my bucket.  I cling to those beads of creative moisture.

I need to work on a method of instantly filling my bucket.  I need a method or idea that will generate creative thought and energy with simplicity.  Perhaps one of those beads moisture will yield a good idea. 

No comments: