Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And Again

So I was rejected twice in two days.  That makes a total four rejections in the past few months.  I know that seems so little but until you see those actual words "You are not for us," it really sends you.  Right back to the middle school feeling that you are just not good enough.  Ugh, like a punch in the stomach.

The punch felt so physical that I resorted to the turtle and hunkered down under the covers and hid.  For almost two weeks.  I just licked my wounds and felt sorry for myself.  I was almost convinced that I wasn't good enough.

Amazing how those adolescent wounds are so fresh more than 30 years later.

So I did what I always do - open up Google and research rejection.  Thank you www.onehundredrejections.com for the inspiration.  I am reminded to reach deep down like I did fighting cancer and autism.  Reach deep down and find the resources to keep going on!

I can do that!  Not can but will!

No comments: