Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yes, It has been three months . . .

I was recently asked to give a witness to the church's youth group about the meaning of motherhood. Before I accepted the challenge, I verified that they wanted me. I am not a traditional mother. Never wanted to be. I am a stay at home mom by default. But they said it was OK. They still wanted me to give the talk. I am not sure who was crazier -- them or me.

I did give a witness. I spoke about the unconditional sacrifice of motherhood. Just like Jesus gave the unconditional sacrifice of his life. I felt it went pretty well.

The upside (pun intended) was that it reinforced that the decisions I have made were the right decisions at that time. I do not regret staying home for Adam. And I am grateful for the time I have at home now.

Not so grateful though that I don't need a break. I asked, and Jim gave, for a week away by myself. I am really excited! After the the good (but stressful) news from MSKCC in August; sending Megan off to college and just the everyday grind of being home; I really need some time to myself. 24 hours a day, seven days a week of just me making my own decisions. Heaven.

I am still writing. Actually, plan to finish the book on my trip and then prep it for submission. I am very close to being done. Yipee!

No comments: