Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Keep On Moving

Yesterday I saw the animated Disney movie, "Meet the Robinsons." Of course, it has been out for a while but Mondays are fifty cents at the cheap movie theater. And it was raining.
All through the movie the audience is hammered with the theme persistance. A good theme. They even had a catch phrase "Keep Moving On." Apparently a saying of Walt Disney's.
While the theme was heavy handed, it struck a real cord with me. One I had been looking for - for some time. I have been struggling with depression. Not a surprise in my circumstances - facing metastatic stage IV cancer with few options. Up till about two months I have had good humor - recounting the positive, unique experiences so far.
Then I had to face life without the drama. The drama of going to the next surgery or recovering from a surgery. The immediacy of the threat.
Now it is an ongoing, everyday constant thought that I must contend with - in partner with several questions. Such as -- How much time do I have? How do I live the rest of my life? What will it be like? Will I live to see my children grow up? And so on and so on and so on . . .
So at the movie yesterday the theme hit home. I just need to keep on moving. Keep moving on. Persistance.
So my partial answer to the questions above is -
Ah, the hell with it. You know already.

No comments: